Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009: a year of faith.



And coincidentally I fell sick on New Years Day. What a way to celebrate the New Year huh? 

This year, I made absolutely no resolutions. I wasn't happy that 2009 arrived too early because I was dreading the fact that I'll prolly have to face many more things that don't seem too easy to go through.

Right after Watchnight Service, Jan and I headed back home after a long day out. Upon arrival at my home, we sat in the car and he started to knock more sense into this stubborn head of mine. I was being bitter about 2009 and was on the verge of giving up all over again. It's funny how I always thought that it was only me, myself and I who was going through this mess with that bit of support from the people around me. But I came to my senses and realized that they're going through it with me, or at least he is. :)

I guess that I could mainly thank God for the friends and amazing people whom He has placed around and in my life for the whole of 2008. All in all, I guess it was quite a good year considering everything that has happened and how things beautifully unfolded before my eyes towards the end of 2008. 

Jan has been an absolutely sweet and amazing backbone of mine throughout everything, from the start right up till today; Azalea, Mohan and Lydia have constantly had my back even when they were miles away from home with all that oveaseas calls, text messages and lovely emails to keep me from falling; Sara, Alexa and Rachel who always fed me with laughter and total randomness just to make sure there's always a smile on my face; and trust me, there are many more to list down but yeah :) Just to list a few more without elaborating - Tabster, Ian, Josh Teng, Arthur, Yih Khai, hmm they're all lovely people! They have been such sweet peas throughout this year in some way or another. What would I ever do without you peeps? Soigh. :)


Such angels :)

Amazing babes.
Btw, we need to retake a new pic since Rachel is back! :)


In a nutshell, I'm greeting this new year, 2009, with a whole bunch of faith ready to back me up! God has been downright amazing in so many ways that I can't even keep track of. He has never let me go but instead, has always welcomed me back into His open arms of everlasting love. I would've never made it till today without God, my family and the rest of the aforementioned people.


Thank You Jesus for 2008.
And a whole bundle of thanks 
to the splendid friends of mine too!
Walk with me through 2009, won't You?
:)



xoxo,
sare -

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails