Tuesday, December 23, 2008

come and go.

Youth Camp 2008: This Is Now.

I went to camp expecting God to move and sure enough He did - more than I expected. I guess He really made clear about the direction I'm heading towards in 2009. Initially it wasn't and isn't what I intended it to be but at times like these, you just need to shut up and follow His footsteps obediently, ain't it? I never prayed as much as I did in camp before. I never seeked God like how I did in camp. It was just different. I was never this hungry for His touch. In this camp, I experienced it all. God was extremely real in my life. Throughout camp, He taught me one thing and that is to continue persevering even when things get ugly. I mean life hasn't been easy for me since the start of this year and I gotta admit, I'm getting goosebumps just by thinking about how next year is gonna go but I believe it's all gonna be alright with God on my side. Happy thoughts ahead!

It was a totally different experience this year for me in camp as well. I mean assuming various responsibilities and ensuring that camp goes along well isn't easy and very tiring. It was totally worrysome when the number of campers weren't touching 250 at all. This is just one of the aspects but yeah, I know that God worked wonders in this year's camp and I'm absolutely certain that all who went were tremendously blessed!

On a lighter note, experiencing camp with loved ones are total plus points. I mean having all my favorite girlfriends back from overseas has continuously lifted up my dampened spirit. They have been nothing short of gorgeous blessings. It was even better when the seven of us were somewhat 'reunited' after a long break on the second night of camp! Sweet love, huns.

Peanut butter-fied.

Heee!

:)

Lovelies!

Candid laughter.

Seven of us!

accjlms*

Girlfriends.

 My LG :)

Taraaaa!

We cool alright.

Whoooosh!

Doong is love!

We're at the beaaach!


And here we move on to family love! My Ozzie cousins have finally came back after two solid years of absence. Just in two years, they have both grown up so big (like literally big) and seriously, so matured! I mean they were mere little kiddos before this and now, woah! Hee, I was very shocked. I guess I'm no longer the taller cousin in my generation just because they're still young but yeah, haha. Darn, why didn't I get these tall genes? Pfft. Albeit awkward on the first day of their arrival (yesterday), we got on well this morning and hey, more days ahead to rekindle that cousin love.

Well we celebrated Christmas early this year because many of them couldn't make it on Christmas day itself so dinner was today. My aunt got us turkey! It's a first in our family to have turkey, seriously! Turkey and tong yuen (since the celebration was just 2 days ago)! Hehehe, yummy flour-y dessert by the grandmother. Seeing all the kiddos grow up, I feel rather old myself! Haha.

Nephew & Uncle.

Sulky pot.
Reason: Ate too much and mommy took his food away.


Emma!


Two partially complete generations.


And yay, I'm done with my Christmas shopping, haha. But it's a very tiny list this year due to financial constrains and the current economy crisis. I'm serious, it's that bad on me okay. So yeah, don't expect anything much from me or rather anything at all, heh. I'm keeping muh budget minimal this year so don't get offended anyhow :) But yeah, Christmas isn't all about presents, hee :)

Wondering how did The Fleur De Lis go? :) I think it went well. I mean yeah from a shopper's view, hee. I splurged my way throughout the three days and hehe, I'm pretty satisfied with my purchases! :D Absolutely loving my new found clothes, wahahah. But on the other hand, from an organizer's view, some vendors or rather, a vendor can really be downright stupid. Seriously, pfft! At least my clothes make me happy so it's all good, thankfully! Hee *grin*

We both look really chan and tired out huh.


Anyways, here's some belated shout-outs! - 


Blessed Nineteenth Birthday, Johann!

Excuse me mister, we still haven't gone out yet! 
What happened to all our catching up sessions huh?
Hehe. I tried calling you yesterday but I couldn't get
through at all. Really! It's not an excuse alright, hee.
Hope you had a blast on your special day :)
Don't get too naughty alright, do keep some sanity in 
that now nineteen year old head of yours *grin*

::

Blessed TWENTY-SECOND Birthday, Brian!


Notice the emphasis on the age? Hehe. I kid I kid.
I'm still all fondue-fied from the lunch but hey it was
all good! I'm sure you had much fun, no? :) Thanks
for being that whacko friend throughout, hee. 
Anyhow, here's to a great year ahead of you!
Big boy ady la, hahah. Happy Hatchday again!
Twenty-two! *cough* Heee!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails