Thursday, November 27, 2008

either one.

"Out of sight, out of mind" OR "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

At lunch one day, this topic came up and I took my stand on absence makes the heart grow fonder instead of the other. Then again, it really really depends on the situation :) Well anyhow, from a complete personal outlook; 

Out of sight, out of mind: It's more of ignoring the circumstances at the present moment and moving on with everything that's left. Completely getting rid (Unable to face the reality?) of the things at hand and wishing upon one's lucky star that it'll go away (vanish and go "poof"?) and things will get better in time. Or maybe it's more of "I can't be bothered anyway." I could go on and on but a simple phrase to sum it up - Ignorance is bliss. I guess in one point or another in our lives, we all face it whether we like it or not. Then again, ignorance can only bring us so far.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder: How about clinging on to the present, hoping for things to keep turning out for the better? I guess it's almost the perfect fit. While the other wants to get rid of the present, this wants to hold on to the present and not wanting to let go. A phrase to sum this up? - Perhaps it's being happy (contented?) with the now and not wanting it to fade away at all. Uh huh, that's prolly it.

This all is completely random thoughts just penned down but yeah, it just struck me. So what's your stand?

Out of sight, out of mind?
Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

It's actually pretty interesting if you'd ask me. Do let me know! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails